Home Assist Secure provides services to eligible clients in Fraser Coast Regional Council area (except Hervey Bay), Gympie Regional Council area, South Burnett Regional Council area, Biggenden, Gayndah and Mundubbera areas in the North Burnett Regional Council area.
To be eligible you have to be 60 years or over, or any age with a disability, living in your own home or rented accommodation. If you hold a Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card, you are eligible to receive subsidised assistance.
Home Assist Secure aims to remove some of the practical housing related difficulties experienced by older people (over 60) or people of any age with a disability who wish to remain living in their own or rented home. Home Assist Secure provides safety and security related information and subsidised assistance to eligible clients who are unable to undertake or pay for critical maintenance without assistance.
When a client contacts Home Assist Secure for assistance we can either: –
- Carry out the work ourselves with our own staff and any material costs are paid by the client
- Or contact a contractor who is registered with us, on behalf of the client and we can subsidise $200.00 incl. GST of the labour cost. The client then pays for any labour charge in excess of the subsidised amount and any material costs
- The maximum eligible person’s household subsidy per financial year is $550.00 (Conditions Apply)
- All requests for assistance are prioritised on the client’s Health, Safety & Security and are subject to the clients and service funding status.
- We can also arrange quotes from contractors on behalf of clients and provide information regarding the same.
- You can contact us at any time to arrange for a staff member to visit your home to identify and discuss any areas of potential service need.
- All contractors registered with us have agreed to be bound by our code of conduct, have all the required trade qualifications, are fully insured and have a police check.
Services provided may include:
- Changing light bulbs
- Installing smoke alarms and replacing batteries
- Minor electrical services (light switches, power points, ceiling fan repairs/replacements)
- Minor plumbing services (tap washers, leaks and blocked drains)
- Repairs and replacement of hot water systems
- Appliance repairs (washing machines, fridges, air conditioners, ovens and stoves)
- Basic locksmith and glazing services
- Security work (key safes, sensor lights and security screens)
- Handyman and carpentry services
- Gutter cleans
- Yard tidy’s and rubbish removals
- Emergency mows
- Grab rails, handrails, hand-held showers, small ramps and chair and bed raisers