Home Assist Community Services

133 Adelaide Street Maryborough 07/4123 2234

Home Modifications

Home Assist Community Services provides Commonwealth Home Support Programme Home Modifications services to eligible consumers in the regional areas of Bundaberg, Fraser Coast, North Burnett and South Burnett.

Home Modifications (minor) include structural changes to the person’s home to enable them to live and move safely about the house such as the fitting of grab rails, small ramps, step modifications, appropriate tap sets, hand held showers and other safety and mobility aids. Any material costs are paid by the consumer, the labour is supplied at no cost to the consumer. Modifications require assessment by an occupational therapist.

Home Modifications (major) provides information, assessment, project management and financial assistance to eligible consumer or their carers. The service aims to remove some of the practical housing related difficulties experienced by those persons who wish to remain living in their own homes by providing subsidised, significant home modifications such as wheelchair accessible bathrooms, wheelchair ramps, stair climbers and water lifts etc.

Major Home Modifications require a specialised functional assessment of the consumer to be undertaken by an Occupational Therapist who will assess the need for home modification, as well as consider alternative solutions that may be more suitable (for example assistive technology and equipment). The Occupational Therapist reports are assessed by the Home Modifications Advisory Committee and if approved, quotes are obtained and the amount of consumer contribution is negotiated.


Consumer eligibility is determined by My Aged Care. Once eligibility has been determined My Aged Care will arrange for an Occupational Therapist Assessment and will send Home Assist Community Services a referral for Home Modifications or give you a referral code. Following the Occupational Therapist Assessment, a referral will be sent to Home Assist Community Services by the assessing Occupational Therapist then the Home Modifications request can be actioned.

Call My Aged Care


Make an inbound referral to My Aged Care

Link to My Aged Care

To arrange assessment for Commonwealth Home Support Programme Home Modifications eligibility contact:

Skip to content